Freedom Fighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FF] - an Ace of Spades Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need help with clan server!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seasmy
Arms Dealer I

need help with clan server! Empty
PostSubject: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 am

Hey guys I cant actually play on the clan server , it says its misconfigured or full , or is it offline , can i know the time when it is online? it should be 24/7
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Just went down, sorry about that

Now if you want to drive me an hour to my parent's house so I can turn it back on, I would be glad to Razz

There is a thread called LINKS which has a link to the server including it's online status

I expect to be back home Saturday night so I'll get it back on then
Back to top Go down
https://freedomclan.forumotion.com
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:35 pm

also....why don't you try hosting?
Back to top Go down
Pr0_Assassin
Arms Dealer I
Pr0_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm gonna make a server soon (when i get my new computer) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wh1te Kn1ght

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm

can i try hosting Smile
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:53 pm

ok if you need help just ask, there's also lots of information on the pyspades wiki (I reccomend using pyspades even though its a little more complicated)
Back to top Go down
Seasmy
Arms Dealer I

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 am

Zecora wrote:
also....why don't you try hosting?
HOW DO I hoST? Very Happy im 24 hours on my computer so yeah
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Well the first thing is that you might have to set up port forwarding. You don't have to do this if your house does not have a network, instead just one computer connected directly to the internet.

To set it up, you will have to access your router settings. Usually this can be done by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser: On my network it is 10.0.0.1 however. If that doesn't work open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" ... this will give you various ip information:
(Click on "Spoiler" to view image)
Spoiler:
Enter the Default Gateway into your browser. Now you will need to enter a login and password. Often, people who aren't computer wiz's will just leave it at the defaults. So try different combinations of "admin", "password", and "administrator", or try just pressing enter. Or you could try going to http://www.routerpasswords.com/ or you could ask whoever set up your router Razz (But I know parents are not just going to let their kids mess with the network settings so watch out)

Once you get into your router, there should be a section called "port forwarding." You need to go there and make port 32887 forward to your computer. If you didn't do the command prompt thing yet, do it now. The number listed here after "IP Address" is your computer's address on your home network (rather than the one the internet uses to locate your network - this is why hosting won't work without forwarding on a network, the game tries to connect to the router which is not actually running the game). So make a UDP port forward with port 32887 and ip address of your computer.

After you have done that, all you need to do to run a basic server is click on server.exe and type in the settings it asks for.

Keep in mind that a computer running a server should be directly connected with an ethernet cord - wireless will probably be super laggy. If you have both, use the IP under "Local Area Network" rather than "Wireless Network" from ipconfig. Also it's preferable that you play on a separate computer than the server one, although if your computer is powerful enough it might be okay.

Server.exe is the vanilla AoS server created by Ben, which has only the most basic features. Pyspades added lots of features like squads and airstrikes - most of the public servers now use pyspades. Even without airstrikes it has stuff like the ability to log in as an administrator from inside the game, view your kill streaks and k/d ratio, and so on. Once you have successfully run a vanilla server you should go download pyspades and start learning how to edit the config file.

There's also a tutorial on the AoS Wiki

It would be awesome to have a host in a different part of the world, since mine will be laggy for anyone far away from US East
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:48 am

also my server is back online
Back to top Go down
Seasmy
Arms Dealer I

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:48 am

Zecora wrote:
Well the first thing is that you might have to set up port forwarding. You don't have to do this if your house does not have a network, instead just one computer connected directly to the internet.

To set it up, you will have to access your router settings. Usually this can be done by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser: On my network it is 10.0.0.1 however. If that doesn't work open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" ... this will give you various ip information:
(Click on "Spoiler" to view image)
Spoiler:
Enter the Default Gateway into your browser. Now you will need to enter a login and password. Often, people who aren't computer wiz's will just leave it at the defaults. So try different combinations of "admin", "password", and "administrator", or try just pressing enter. Or you could try going to http://www.routerpasswords.com/ or you could ask whoever set up your router Razz (But I know parents are not just going to let their kids mess with the network settings so watch out)

Once you get into your router, there should be a section called "port forwarding." You need to go there and make port 32887 forward to your computer. If you didn't do the command prompt thing yet, do it now. The number listed here after "IP Address" is your computer's address on your home network (rather than the one the internet uses to locate your network - this is why hosting won't work without forwarding on a network, the game tries to connect to the router which is not actually running the game). So make a UDP port forward with port 32887 and ip address of your computer.

After you have done that, all you need to do to run a basic server is click on server.exe and type in the settings it asks for.

Keep in mind that a computer running a server should be directly connected with an ethernet cord - wireless will probably be super laggy. If you have both, use the IP under "Local Area Network" rather than "Wireless Network" from ipconfig. Also it's preferable that you play on a separate computer than the server one, although if your computer is powerful enough it might be okay.

Server.exe is the vanilla AoS server created by Ben, which has only the most basic features. Pyspades added lots of features like squads and airstrikes - most of the public servers now use pyspades. Even without airstrikes it has stuff like the ability to log in as an administrator from inside the game, view your kill streaks and k/d ratio, and so on. Once you have successfully run a vanilla server you should go download pyspades and start learning how to edit the config file.

There's also a tutorial on the AoS Wiki

It would be awesome to have a host in a different part of the world, since mine will be laggy for anyone far away from US East
I have a modem with 1 computer on it with wireless also ...
BTW theres no portforwarding in my modem LOL! i have a DLink
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 pm

so....did it work?

and do you mean to say you are connected directly (i.e. a physical cord) as well as wireless?
Back to top Go down
Seasmy
Arms Dealer I

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:42 am

Zecora wrote:
so....did it work?

and do you mean to say you are connected directly (i.e. a physical cord) as well as wireless?
im connected with a modem which has a wireless and a wired connection!

BTW my Modem does not have portforwarding option!
Back to top Go down
Pr0_Assassin
Arms Dealer I
Pr0_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 am

Whats your modem type(netgear,iinet ect.)
It should have a port forwarding option it just might be named something different. i know this caz mine had a port forwarding option but it was named something else. XD
Search on youtube for help if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Seasmy
Arms Dealer I

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 am

johny1234567 wrote:
Whats your modem type(netgear,iinet ect.)
It should have a port forwarding option it just might be named something different. i know this caz mine had a port forwarding option but it was named something else. XD
Search on youtube for help if you need it.
DLINK
Back to top Go down
Pr0_Assassin
Arms Dealer I
Pr0_Assassin

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:29 am

kk, i have no idea then but it should still work, search it up on youtube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help with clan server!   need help with clan server! Empty

Back to top Go down

need help with clan server!
Page 1 of 1