Freedom Fighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FF] - an Ace of Spades Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ranking System

Go down 
+11
Bamboom
Kisoro
Wh1te Kn1ght
Pr0_Assassin
Seasmy
GrimReaper
Yuri/Rifleman-D
MrHaaaaaax
Epiksocks
Zecora
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:27 pm

The Ranking System

If you are new to the clan, you may be wondering how people get their rank on the member list. Well, they do so by accomplishing some of the Medals detailed below. There are two types of Medal categories: Linear and non-linear. In non-linear categories, each Medal is worth one "point" and you can get any or all of the medals. Linear categories on the other hand, have medals that go in succession and are worth one more point each (except for the Gold Grenade which is worth two). So, in the "Kills" section, Red Grenade is worth 3 points. But in the "Building" section, each one is worth only one point, but you can get all of them for a total of 7.

The first six rank ups (ending in Colonel) require one point each. After that, it requires more points to advance - 10 for Brigadier, 15 for Major General, 20 for Lieutenant General, and 25 for General.

All of these accomplishments must be completed on "normal" servers - i.e. no zombies, no minifun, etc.

So, the Medals are listed below. More may be added so if you have any ideas suggest them! Also this thread is the place to request to be rewarded a Medal. In the case of kill streaks, it will be sufficient to post a screenshot including the server's leaderboard and your best killstreak or ratio (type /streak or /ratio on a pyspades server to display it). However, most other things can not be verified with just a screenshot. For this reason any medals in Building or Intel must be witnessed by a superior FF member, or captured on video. If you are new to making videos try searching "Fraps alternatives" on google. Furthermore, the purpose of these medals is to award skillful performance. You will not get a medal for joining an empty server, running across the map, and getting the intel. As a general guideline, a game on a small map like Islands with less than 6 players is too small, and on a full map (whole grid utilized) there should be at least 12 players. Also, your opponents should be COMPETENT. Like stealing the intel with no players, doing so when the opposing team is building in a corner of the map with no inclination to stop you is NOT medal worthy! Same with building bunkers in the middle of nowhere with nobody to stop you!

Keep in mind it is ultimately up to the leaders to decide whether someone gets a medal, and the rules may be bent a little bit. For example, if you get a 49 kill streak you might get the Red Grenade. Also, if you are playing on a gen map in a 4v4 match that happens to be very intense, medals may be acceptable. The main reason for the 12+ players guideline is the fact that the majority of public servers have at least 30-40% noobs who are not paying attention/contributing much to the game.

== Kills ==

Ranking System Nade1_10Green Grenade ..... 10 Kill streak
Ranking System Nade2_10Yellow Grenade ..... 25 Kill streak
Ranking System Nade3_10Red Grenade ..... 35 Kill streak
Ranking System Nade4_10Silver Grenade ..... 45 streak
Ranking System Nade5_10Gold Grenade ..... 60 streak

== Intel ==

Ranking System Intel110Bronze Intel ..... Move intel at least 4 grid spaces
Ranking System Intel210Silver Intel ..... 1 Capture (more than 4 grid spaces)
Ranking System Intel310Gold Intel ..... 2 Captures
Ranking System Intel410Platinum Intel ..... 3 Captures
Ranking System Intel510Black Intel ..... 1 unaided capture without killing any opponents (i.e. super ninja medal)

== Building ==

Ranking System Block210Green Block ..... Build an intel tower with at least six 2x2 supports
Ranking System Block110Blue Block ..... Build tunnel across at least 4 grid spaces
Ranking System Block310Red Block ..... Destroy a large enemy structure
Ranking System Block410Brown Block ..... Build a large bunker
Ranking System Block710Grey Block ..... Build a (useful) sniper tower
Ranking System Block510Teal Block ..... Fully covered bridge (at least 10 blocks long)
Ranking System Block610White Block ..... Kill enemy griefers / repair structure

== Modding ==

"Items" are any gun, player model, etc. Minor things like grenades and blocks will only count as half an item. I haven't decided about spades. Sounds will only count if they are original work, which they are probably not Razz

Ranking System Mod1_b10Bronze Pickaxe ..... Create 1 item
Ranking System Mod2_b10Silver Pickaxe ..... 4 items
Ranking System Mod3_b10Gold Pickaxe ..... 8 items
Ranking System Mod4_b10Platinum Pickaxe ..... 12 items
Ranking System Mod5_b10Mithril Pickaxe ..... 16 items

== Miscellaneous ==

"Freedom Crosses" will be awarded for accomplishments not directly related to gameplay or modding (non-linear):

Ranking System Cross110Red Cross ..... Successfully organize a clan match
Ranking System Cross210Orange Cross ..... Recruit a new member
Ranking System Cross310Yellow Cross ..... Host a server (must be more than a failed test run)
Ranking System Cross410Green Cross ..... Help resolve a conflict/stupid drama either between FF members or an FF member and other people in the community
Ranking System Cross510Blue Cross ..... Help with the forum and communication (could be providing graphics, help with organization, etc - gives you moderater status)
Ranking System Cross610Purple Cross ..... Think of some kind of amazing idea to improve the clan or in-game tactics or something imaginative like that!

The following special medals are related to the teams listed further down:

Ranking System Fragme10Fragment ..... Obtain a 10 kill streak using only grenades OR complete the grenade accuracy test with at least 75% accuracy (not created yet)
Ranking System Bloody10Bloody Knife ..... Get 20 spade kills in one game.

The following special medals do not belong in any category:

Ranking System Indigo10Indigo Shield ..... This is a special medal used for things like maintaining members' old ranking (before this system)

Ranking System Punish10Black Cross ..... This is a "punishment" medal. You will receive this if you do any of the following: Needlessly flame other members/clans (a little banter is ok but acting like KomradefLaMe or BiA|Pain is not acceptable); Abuse any administrative powers you have been given such as deleting posts just because you don't like them or using god mode in the server; Generally act like a douche. This medal gives you a rank down when you get it. The rank down will not be permanent, it will generally last for sometime between a week and one month and then you get your rank back and the medal removed. However, if you fuck up again while you already have a Black Cross, it becomes semi-permanent. Only if a clan leader thinks you have truly turned yourself around and showed good behavior for a LONG period of time (more than a month) will you be reverted to your old rank - if ever. If you do something that would get you a third Black Cross, you are kicked out of the clan.

Specialized Teams

These are groups of members who are noted to excel in a particular field. Your rank within the group is determined by the medals you have acquired in the corresponding category beyond the minimum requirement. So if you need two medals to join the group, your third medal would make you rank II. All groups have 4 ranks excepting Mercenaries which has 5. Rank will mean different things depending on the group. For the in-game specialties (Mercs, Spies, and Blocksmiths) high ranking members will lead the operations of that group, as well as communicate with other team leaders and clan leaders about what needs to be done in the heat of battle. New recruits should look to learn from higher ranks, and assist them in completing objectives. Agents will eventually get admin/moderator rights, and as for Arms Dealers....well I don't really know Razz

Also, there are some special new medals associated with some of the groups which will add to your overall rank.

Note that I have separated them between "Game Teams" and "Tech Teams." You may join one team in each category, meaning up to two total. However, you cannot be in more than one Game or Tech team...even if you have the medals for it! However, you may switch teams by asking me or a moderator with an explanation of why you want to switch.

Game Teams

-----------=============== Mercenaries ===============-----------
The snipers, rushers, and all around killers of the clan.
Required: Yellow Grenade

I. Pr0_Assassin, Kisoro
II.
III.
IV.
V.

-----> Subgroup Pyros
Excel at using grenades
Special Medal Required: Fragment

-----> Subgroup Backstabbers
Good at sneaking up on people and whacking them with the spade
Special Medal Required: Bloody Knife

-----------=============== Spies ===============-----------
Excel at capturing the intel/control points. Requires bronze intel to join.
Required: Bronze Intel

I.
II. Jonteboy
III.
IV.

-----> Subgroup Ninjas
Bearers of the Black Intel Medal

-----------=============== Blocksmiths ===============-----------
The best builders/griefers of the clan.
Required: 3 Block Medals

(No members yet!)
I.
II.
III.
IV.

Tech Teams

-----------=============== Arms Dealers ===============-----------
Our modding experts.
Required: Silver Pickaxe

I. Seasmy, Pr0_Assassin
II. Mr. Haaaaax
III.
IV.

-----------=============== Agents ===============-----------
Clan members who are super involved outside of the game/modding: Such as on the forums.
Required: 2 Cross Medals

I. ****
II.
III.
IV.

Last edited by Zecora on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://freedomclan.forumotion.com
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Also, I already said this but I will say it again - current members who are ranked higher than trainee will NOT be demoted because of the new rank system. Hopefully it will just work out that you stay in the same rank but if that is not the case then I will give some kind of special pre-renovation medal so you can stay at your rank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm

[Moved to OP]

Last edited by Zecora on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agent I

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 pm

And how will you know if we've accomplished these?If it's trust based i swear i have done all the "block" awards.I swear.No kidding.Especially made the last one like 5 times
I understand this video idea,but i cna't video at all.maybe this stuff should be for during organized clan matches,that way we don't have to prove it you will just see for yourself.
you could set up ,like, a "ranking tournament"or something like that
also,how about anti-greifing awards,like preventing greifers from destroying good buildings,devoting over ten minutes to thwart a single greifer ,initiating votekicks on 20 griefers stuff like that.though those may be hard to prove
Back to top Go down
Epiksocks

Epiksocks

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 am

i think the ranking up process should only happen during a clan match or a another freedom fighter seen it. just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
MrHaaaaaax
Weaponmaster
MrHaaaaaax

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 am

i SWEAR i have done both bronze intel and silver intel
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Good ideas and concerns all around. I have done many of these things too. One thing I was thinking about was the fact that your opponents have a big effect on the difficulty of these accomplishments. Getting a 50 killstreak could be easy if you were playing against some really un-skilled people. I think it is a good idea to have it be only when another FF member is there to witness it or something. Maybe screenshots could be acceptable for certain categories or the easier tasks...tomorrow morning I will make some revisions
Back to top Go down
MrHaaaaaax
Weaponmaster
MrHaaaaaax

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 am

i just got the bronze pickaxe and silver pickaxe!
my mod thread: in the mod and maps: The Kalashnikov
total 6 items
Back to top Go down
Agent I

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

We should watch for these on the clan server during matches
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:08 am

OK I'm gonna have it so the medals give you little icons under your username

I was going to write a big post about who is getting what medals right now but firefox crashed and I lost a wall of text Sad

Now I'm going out but later tonight it will all be set up!
Back to top Go down
Agent I

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:10 am

How do you know who gets what?

THIS IS REALLY COOL MAN,This is why we elected you leader.
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:43 am

I am basing this off claims made by the members, some of which are backed up by screenshots, some of which are not: Some are far beyond the requirement, some are just behind it. From now on ranking up should only be done by recording the accomplishment or having another FF member of higher rank witness it and back you up. The only exception should be kill streaks and kill/death ratios which are easily recorded with a screenshot. If you think your medals should be changed or the ranks should be different please let me know - I'm not trying to set these in stone, it's mostly for fun anyway Surprised

So in alphabetical order:

CrisisFlare has been awarded an Indigo Shield because it's cool!

Epiksocks has been awarded a Gold Pickaxe for making 8 weapons and a Yellow Grenade for tons of kills (I wanna see kill streaks or k-d ratios though!)

Freedom has been awarded a Bronze Pickaxe for 1 weapon and an Indigo Shield for founding the FF clan!

Kilroy has been awarded a Yellow Grenade for a 35 kill streak!

McSwagger has been awarded a Red Grenade plus an Indigo Shield for 46 kill streak and being enthusiastic and stuff Very Happy

MrHaaaaax has been awarded a Bronze Pickaxe for creating 1 weapon

Yuri has been awarded a Blue Cross for making sweet forum graphics and a Silver Grenade for 74 kill streak! (close enough)

Zecora has been awarded a Blue Cross for creating the forum and a Yellow Grenade for 36 kill streak!

WORD

Now I'm working on having these appear under your name
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:38 am

Epiksocks I'm giving you the Gold Grenade for 100 killstreak, and you are due for the Orange Cross as soon as CoolAssassin shows up on one of the forums

I just realized that these ranks are incompatible however: There are ten overall ranks while the medals give you the potential to have up to 31 points. Maybe the higher ranks should require more medals? So like Epik would need 2 points to move up, and then 5, then 8
Back to top Go down
Agent I

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: As far as CLAIMS go   Ranking System EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 pm

I swear i have done the
brown,grey,teal,and white blocks.

I swear on a stack of bibles i have.

I would not lie about this.I love this clan so much i could never lie to it.

I LOVE THIS CLAN

Smile
Smile
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:15 pm

I believe you, but I just can't give you medals for it. Even if you were being totally honest, another member would just as easily lie about it, in which case they would be awarded the same ranks as you without doing any work.

It shouldn't be too hard for you to get your first couple of ranks with kill streaks, and I would suggest trying video recording because it's not actually that hard. Try one of the free programs on this site, such as CamStudio.

Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 am

This is a continuation of conversation on the main AoS forums:

RIFLEMAN-D wrote:
You can have more than 2, there are like 20 "ranks"

Yes you can have more than 2 but you were only awarded 2 medals so far. I'm going to give you your rank back but not admin status. If I have been paying attention though you will be getting a silver pickaxe...
Back to top Go down
Yuri/Rifleman-D

Yuri/Rifleman-D

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Zecora wrote:
This is a continuation of conversation on the main AoS forums:

RIFLEMAN-D wrote:
You can have more than 2, there are like 20 "ranks"

Yes you can have more than 2 but you were only awarded 2 medals so far. I'm going to give you your rank back but not admin status. If I have been paying attention though you will be getting a silver pickaxe...
I gave me the ones that I've DONE. If I get Intel back to my base without killing anyone I get black Intel, right? I've done that before, and in fact, I remember it, It was at Shams Little Pony.
Back to top Go down
http://Ace-Spades.com
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 am

That is wonderful, but if you look at the previous posts and the OP for that matter, you will see that you need evidence of this accomplishment. This means either recording a video or having another FF member of higher rank witness it in-game and vouch for you.

Besides, it would be nice to have an idea of what kind of server/players/game you were playing. I've done "black intel" plenty of times in servers where people were not paying very much attention. There's nothing impressive about that and I don't see why anyone should be rewarded for it. You should be rewarded for sneaking the intel back to base while the enemy is desperately trying to hunt you down.

I'm sorry, I have to be strict for this to be a fair ranking system. Maybe you have made some amazing intel captures and I apologize for not wanting to give you the medal for it. However, just imagine if somebody else came along, falsely claiming they did the same thing. If I gave them the medal, then they would be get the same ranks as you without actually being as skilled. Having an honors system would screw all the honest players and allow anyone willing to lie to get undeserved praise
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 am

Also Goddier got the Bronze Pickaxe for making a mod

Reset riflemans bullshit AGAIN

Also you are a moron for giving yourself a lower kill-streak rank than I was gonna give you Razz Or did epik do that?

EDIT 2: Also gave you bronze pickaxe yuri
Back to top Go down
Yuri/Rifleman-D

Yuri/Rifleman-D

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 am

Zecora wrote:
Also Goddier got the Bronze Pickaxe for making a mod

Reset riflemans bullshit AGAIN

Also you are a moron for giving yourself a lower kill-streak rank than I was gonna give you Razz Or did epik do that?

EDIT 2: Also gave you bronze pickaxe yuri
I had red nade.
Back to top Go down
http://Ace-Spades.com
Epiksocks

Epiksocks

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 pm

please check the aos clan website there is a new person who applied santa
Back to top Go down
GrimReaper

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 pm

Epiksocks wrote:
i think the ranking up process should only happen during a clan match or a another freedom fighter seen it. just a suggestion

great idea Epiksocks ive always rathered this method of ranking up as it isnt bragging (which may or may not be correct) it is you showing off your skills to other clan members so they know how good you actually are.
Back to top Go down
Seasmy
Arms Dealer I

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 pm

i should get the cross medal cause i recruited BEWBS LUVER or was it BEWBS LOVER .
Back to top Go down
Agent I

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Im sorry to criticize.

It's not my strong suit.

Can we have crosses for posting,making good suggestions, Being a active forum user,helping newbies,because

I feel like i deserve a blue cross.

I can't host A server,because my internet conection thing is pretty bad.

I help a lot with organization.

Oh,And unless your a greifer,We all done the white block.

Me,multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Zecora
Admin
Zecora

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:29 pm

I am always open to suggestions, but I'm going to have to refuse yours. Posting in the forums is more like a requirement for being in the clan than something that would gain you a rank up. I can see that you are very enthusiastic which is awesome, but I don't think you have done very much organizing quite yet.

I wouldn't worry about it - the ranks are really just for fun and motivation to contribute. I'm sure you will gain plenty of ranks in time, especially once we start having clan matches more often.

As for the white block thing - I simply can't give awards for non-provable claims. I have done many of those things but I'm not just going to give myself a shitload of medals. If you really want the medal, you should try recording your games. Searching for "free alternatives to fraps" will get you some good programs for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranking System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking System   Ranking System Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranking System
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom Fighters :: General-
Jump to: